Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Top 5 Films of All Time!

One of my favorite films of all time has to be Django Unchained. I loved everything about Quentin Tarantino's film from the realism of the times of slavery in the United States all the way to the amazing soundtrack and sound effects. Not only that, the casting was amazing in my opinion. The choice of Jamie Foxx and Leonardo DiCaprio were the perfect combination. I was captivated throughout the entire movie, which was probably due to the storytelling and action-filled and bloody scenes.


Another film I love is Saving Private Ryan. How can anyone not like this movie? It has one of the most powerful films I’ve seen. On top of that, it incorporates genre conventions that are included in dramas, action films, and adventure stories. I also loved the realism in this film and with every gun shot was a true portrayal of combat scenes during World War II’s D-Day invasion. A fun fact is that some shots within the film are based on real camera roll that was filmed the day of the actual invasion, many years before the film was made. It is truly the best war-movie I had ever seen.



The Rush Hour Series will always be one of the classics in my book. I love comedies in general and this series literally made me laugh every other minute. The picture of the film was so amazing and there were many interesting shots during the chase scenes etc. that I liked. The cast of Chris Rock and Jackie Chan as partners in crime was perfect. The fast-paced storyline and action scenes appealed to me as well. I really think it is a blockbuster series.  



Another series I loved are the 6 Fast & Furious films. My favorites out of them, however, have to be 2 Fast 2 Furious and and Fast 5. Being a car guy, I was appalled at both the racing scenes as well as the cars used in the film. Also the compelling storyline and adrenaline-pumping chases helped when I was deciding which films to pick. Some of the scenes are actually impossible to recreate in reality. They defy physics and this is another factor that sold the film for me.


Limitless is a more recent film about a failing writer who takes a miraculous drug that enhances his entire life. The drug allows people to fully access 100% of their brains, which leads to both benefits and negative consequences. The protagonist, played by Bradley Cooper, must fight off gangsters and corrupt businessmen who will do anything to get their hands on the drug. I liked everything about this film. The best part about it was that it was a truly original story that I had never seen before. Yes, we’ve seen films about wars and bloodshed, cars, and the partner in crime duo, but nothing as original as this film. I liked the sci-fi aspect of it and how it explores what it would be like if people could have this much power. I also loved some of the camera angles used when the main character is at the top peak of his career and believes his life can not get any better.


1 comment:

  1. HEY ASHWIN. I've seen pretty much all the films you've listed, except for 2 Fast 2 Furious, and I agree with what you've said. I thoroughly enjoyed the storyline of Limitless because it was different from most the films coming out at this time. I like your descriptions and would definitely want me to watch them again.

    ReplyDelete